To celebrate National M&M’s Day, I wanted to find out how many different kinds of M&M’s there are! Turns out the are officially 49 different types of M&M’s. There have been a few more that were made for M&M’s “New Flavor Contests” but those don’t officially count! So here’s the rundown…
M&M’s varieties have included the following sizes and fillings. Some have only been made available for a limited time, such as white cheesecake for Easter, pumpkin spice or white candy corn for Halloween, and White Strawberry Shortcake for Valentine’s Day.
- sizes: regular (in the following flavors), minis, mega (×3 the chocolate) and the “chocolate bar”.
- chocolate: milk chocolate, dark chocolate, white chocolate
- nut: peanuts, almonds, hazelnuts, peanut butter, dark chocolate peanut, white chocolate peanut, strawberried peanut butter, strawberry nut
- spice and herb: mint chocolate, cinnamon, pumpkin spice, white chocolate peppermint, holiday mint, gingerbread, hot cross buns, mint crisp, crunchy mint, pumpkin spice latte, mocha, coffee nut, honey nut, and chili nut.
- fruit: orange chocolate, cherry, raspberry, cherry cordial, pineapple, coconut, candy apple, tropical
- dessert: pretzel, birthday cake, white chocolate candy corn, red velvet, dulce de leche, white chocolate carrot cake, vanilla shake, crispy, three milks (tres leches), white chocolate pecan pie, caramel, crunchy caramel, salted caramel, fudge brownie, and lamington.